Lawn Care Forum banner

stihl km90 multi tool vs echo pas-265 multi tool

8K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  orangemower 
#1 ·
the company I work for has only ran with stihl multi tools. great machines aside from when it rolls to its side in the back of your truck the gas flows up the carb and soaks the air filter to the point of it being next to impossible to start without opening up the air box. that's the only down side I can think of for the km90. I am opening up my own landscaping company in the spring and I know of an echo pas-265 that is for sale for dirt cheap. are they as well built as the km90s? any good or bad points to the machine I should know about?

#2 ·
First off, why would you leave it in back of truck to roll around? Second, something is wrong if it fills up with gas if it turns over.
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 ·
because it's not my equipment and my boss is too cheap to buy a proper rack. we have 3 of them and all of them did it from brand new but all run fine....oldest one is about 5 years old so highly doubt anything is wrong with it if it did it from brand new till now and still runs strong. if you have one try resting it with the carb side down for 10 minutes then open the air box and check the filter. I'd put money on it that it will be soaked in fuel.

#4 ·
because it's not my equipment and my boss is too cheap to buy a proper rack. we have 3 of them and all of them did it from brand new but all run fine....oldest one is about 5 years old so highly doubt anything is wrong with it if it did it from brand new till now and still runs strong. if you have one try resting it with the carb side down for 10 minutes then open the air box and check the filter. I'd put money on it that it will be soaked in fuel.
I have 5 of them...they all hang in our truck with tank above carb...all day, everyday...none of them do this. Before we had vertical rack they hung horizontally upside down...right side up...didn't do it then either. I'm willing to bet your problem is the heat from the sun in back I truck causing them to do this...it would cause the pressure in tank to increase.
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
I have 5 of them...they all hang in our truck with tank above carb...all day, everyday...none of them do this. Before we had vertical rack they hung horizontally upside down...right side up...didn't do it then either. I'm willing to bet your problem is the heat from the sun in back I truck causing them to do this...it would cause the pressure in tank to increase.Posted via Mobile Device
This sounds like your answer.

Mine doesn't do it either. Try changing or cleaning the fuel cap vents.

#6 ·
Guys I'm looking for a solution to a problem on rare occasion this happens to my bosses equipment. I was asking if anyone knew how the echo equivalant matched up agains the quality of the stihl.....I am starting my own landscaping company next year and I found a smoking deal on the echo but if it doesn't match up to the stihl I'm not interested you know?
Posted via Mobile Device

#8 · (Edited)
Not looking for a solution**** sorry
Posted via Mobile Device
We were under the impression that you thought Stihl posed problem with gas leaking in the carb...they don't.

We gave you the solution and advice...don't knock all Sthils because a persons KM90 leaks gas because he cannot take care of it correctly. We are telling you our Stihls don't do what you posted so that problem is not typical. Buy a KM with confidence. By an Echo for all we care...but I love my Stihl and they do not fill the carbs with gas...any one of the 5 of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

#9 ·
Dude don't jump on the defensive for stihl.There is no need. In my original post I said they are great machines, I know the quality is there and that's why I am sceptical about buying the echo equivalant even thought I can get it with the line trimmer and bush cutter heads for the same price as the engine componant alone! I am more concerned about the echo not being as good as the stihl becauseI like the km90r but if it is I have to go for the deal. I gather you never used the echo multi tool before so thanks for your input but I am looking for someone who has used both to let me know how the echo holds up.

#10 ·
I use the KM90, I like it but it is heavy. I also do not like the Sthil autocut heads. You have to ram them hard to get any string out usually. And they are not the easiest to load with string. But all in all, more positives than negatives for the Stihl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.