Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts and opinions on which brand makes the better blower? My local dealer is trying to push Echo pretty hard. He even claims the new Stihl blowers with the rounded design have defective valves.

I've used both brands of blowers in the past, but I am looking for some info and experience over the life of one of these things.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The Stihl BR-600n blows better than the Echo PB-755 but has more engine problems (mainly from valves sticking and trashing the engine)

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
I have a five year old Echo 751T and always and i mean ALWAYS Starts in the second pull!!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi,

I haven't followed all the posts on this thread, but if you get echo, I would suggest that you run your mix at 32 to 1 (4 oz to the gallon) and premium fuel THAT DOES NOT CONTAIN ALCOHOL (ETHANOL).

After years of using echo, the simple fuel combo above will prevent many problems and extend the life of the engine twofold or more.

echoman

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Hi,

I haven't followed all the posts on this thread, but if you get echo, I would suggest that you run your mix at 32 to 1 (4 oz to the gallon) and premium fuel THAT DOES NOT CONTAIN ALCOHOL (ETHANOL).

After years of using echo, the simple fuel combo above will prevent many problems and extend the life of the engine twofold or more.

echoman
If you are implying that Echo somehow needs some special oil mix or gas compared with other trimmers or blowers I don't agree. Run it with Echo mix and don't use any alcohol and 87 is fine just clean the ports yearly and run a little sea foam.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hi,

echoman
I was told by my echo dealer not to do this. He said that the new engines have such tight tolerances that this mix does not do any good like it did in old engines. I agree with ed. I have other 2 cycles and everything gets the same mix. I have a 10 year old echo which is just starting to give out and it never had any special mix.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi,

I have found the fuel mix I suggested to work well with all conventional 2 cycle motors.

One example is with the COUNTY out here in west Texas (I noticed you are in Austin). They would buy about 12 cheap Homelites each year and wear out the motors in practically all of them by years' end. I suggested that they change the fuel mix from 50/1 to 32/1. They did. After 3 years, no motors have failed.

I have a tree service business running all echos (because of parts interchangeability). I had a shop in Brownwood for 10 years selling echo and repairing thousands of them.

The conditions here are different from Austin. Primarily in humidity (being less causing fuel to fume more causing vaporlock type conditions) and elevation since I frequently work in the mountains (Fort Davis 5000').

This is the experience that brought me to suggest the 32/1 and premium fuel. It may not be necessary in central Texas, but it will apply with good results. And if you get that hot day in the winter (fuels are blended by season), the smaller motors (trimmers etc...) will not give vapor problems when warmed.

This is what has worked for me and others and I do not mean to criticize your method.

Thanks,
echoman

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi,

I have found the fuel mix I suggested to work well with all conventional 2 cycle motors.

One example is with the COUNTY out here in west Texas (I noticed you are in Austin). They would buy about 12 cheap Homelites each year and wear out the motors in practically all of them by years' end. I suggested that they change the fuel mix from 50/1 to 32/1. They did. After 3 years, no motors have failed.

I have a tree service business running all echos (because of parts interchangeability). I had a shop in Brownwood for 10 years selling echo and repairing thousands of them.

The conditions here are different from Austin. Primarily in humidity (being less causing fuel to fume more causing vaporlock type conditions) and elevation since I frequently work in the mountains (Fort Davis 5000').

This is the experience that brought me to suggest the 32/1 and premium fuel. It may not be necessary in central Texas, but it will apply with good results. And if you get that hot day in the winter (fuels are blended by season), the smaller motors (trimmers etc...) will not give vapor problems when warmed.

This is what has worked for me and others and I do not mean to criticize your method.

Thanks,
echoman
The mix depends on the oil your are using.
I use Amsoil at 80:1 in 89 octane gas.
Works good, last long time...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.