1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

stihl or Elvex

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, May 29, 2007.

?

which brand would you purchase?

1. stihl

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Elvex

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

which one would you buy.

the stihl or the elvex??

not much information on the stihl product but i do like the looks of them better for some reason. theyt almost look better designed.

muff.JPG

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know enough to say which I'd pick. That being said, I think that AM/FM ear muffs are a waste of money. I used some last year and ended up listening to a bunch of commercials...

Ipod with in-ear headphones all the way:)

3. grass disaster

i'm really not interested in the ipod thing. i have a old set of peltors now and am looking to upgrade.

4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Just bought a pair of the Stihls on Saturday...after someone stole my Elvex set---without the charger too haha Anyway...Ive now had both...and its a hard call...truth is...I like the Stihls as much as the Elvex Quietunes...so either way you'll be okay

5. grass disaster

are the stihls rechargeable? how much did you pay for the stihl pair? do they turn off after 4 hours?

6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

They are not rechargeable...and I liked that about the Elvex. But...I cant imagine they burn too much battery. Dont know if they turn off after 4 hours...havent experienced that. I paid 80 after taxes.

7. grass disaster

i can't find anything about the stihl product on the internet. the only place i can find it is on here and stihl.com

anyone have any extra info on the stihl product?

8. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Did you say 80 after taxes!!! Is it just the west coast where things are inexspensive. All the Stihl dealers around here has them up for sale for only $49.95.

9. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I would buy neither of them, I would purchase a set of Bose Quiet Comfort Noise Canceling Head Phones and a Ipod Nano is the way to go.

10. grass disaster

can u not read