Stihl SR200 leaking tanks

Trenton K

LawnSite Member
I have 2 SR200’s and they have both been leaking all over my back and legs from the tank BIGTIME! I sent them in to the dealership for repairs twice and they are still leaking. I filled the tank up with just water today and nothing leaked. As soon as I filled the tank up with chemicals and starting spraying my customers house the tank started leaking like crazy. Anyone else have this issue and if so what did you do to fix it??

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Where is it leaking from?

OP
T

Trenton K

LawnSite Member
Where is it leaking from?
It’s hard to tell but it appears to be leaking from the tank somewhere. I’m always wearing it when it starts leaking and usually at a customers house and just want to finish and get the chemical out of the tank. But it appears to be from the tank somewhere. It is not anywhere on the handle or throttle.

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Well unless you find where it's leaking, it will be hard to fix. Is it the bottom area, like a seal crack? Is it when pressurized?

OP
T

Trenton K

LawnSite Member
Well unless you find where it's leaking, it will be hard to fix. Is it the bottom area, like a seal crack? Is it when pressurized?
It is definitely coming from the bottom of the tank towards the front. When it starts leaking it drips straight down my lower back and onto my butt and legs.