Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the Stihl FC 110 and or the FC 85 stick edgers.
I was wondering if there is a noticeable power difference between the two models?

Craig :)

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I have the 85 stick edger. Awesome machine. I recently picked up a 110 trimmer. That 4 mix motor has tremendous power. It should be a monster as a stick edger.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was set to go down to one of our local Stihl dealers to purchase a new stick edger and was unpleasantly surprised at the price tag.
I figured about $300.
Boy was I wrong!
I have not ruled out purchasing one, but now I will surly wait till the season starts before I buy one.

Craig

·
Registered
295 Posts
Price is high on any quality unit. I use the FC 85. More cold blooded than my FS 85 trimmer, but a very good unit. By the way, you can use some accessories on the FC 85. I have the hedge trimmer attachment that turns the edger into an extended length hedge trimmer. It will really speed up trimming tall hedges.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Originally posted by craigs lawncare
I was set to go down to one of our local Stihl dealers to purchase a new stick edger and was unpleasantly surprised at the price tag.
I figured about $300.
Boy was I wrong!
I have not ruled out purchasing one, but now I will surly wait till the season starts before I buy one.

Craig
I can't remember exactly, but seems like its about $350 for the FC85.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just purchased an FC85 yesterday for $369 + tax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.