• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

STIHL Stick Edgers

craigs lawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
Does anyone have the Stihl FC 110 and or the FC 85 stick edgers.
I was wondering if there is a noticeable power difference between the two models?

Craig :)

65hoss

LawnSite Fanatic
I have the 85 stick edger. Awesome machine. I recently picked up a 110 trimmer. That 4 mix motor has tremendous power. It should be a monster as a stick edger.

OP
C

craigs lawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
DennisF, 65 Hoss and Odin, thanks for the replies.
Is there a big price difference between the two?

Craig

OP
C

craigs lawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
I was set to go down to one of our local Stihl dealers to purchase a new stick edger and was unpleasantly surprised at the price tag.
I figured about $300.
Boy was I wrong!
I have not ruled out purchasing one, but now I will surly wait till the season starts before I buy one.

Craig

Hawkeye5

LawnSite Senior Member
Price is high on any quality unit. I use the FC 85. More cold blooded than my FS 85 trimmer, but a very good unit. By the way, you can use some accessories on the FC 85. I have the hedge trimmer attachment that turns the edger into an extended length hedge trimmer. It will really speed up trimming tall hedges.

65hoss

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by craigs lawncare
I was set to go down to one of our local Stihl dealers to purchase a new stick edger and was unpleasantly surprised at the price tag.
I figured about $300.
Boy was I wrong!
I have not ruled out purchasing one, but now I will surly wait till the season starts before I buy one.

Craig
I can't remember exactly, but seems like its about $350 for the FC85.