1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl Trimmer which one?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by blake101, Jun 21, 2016.

?

Which one the Stihl FS90R or the Stihl FS94R?

1. Stihl FS90R

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Stihl FS94R

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

Which one would you prefer?

2. Reedo

Reedo LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from S.E. Minnesota

Which one do prefer? I have some fs90's but compared to other brands I don't like them as much. Never used a 94.

3. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

FS94 is weak only hold more fuel, I like the entry FS70R can't beat that thing I really think it should be blown by now as much weed eating I have to do out here in country. Keep it greased, new filter, plugs and 2yrs old been through the ringer for sure starts no more than 2 pulls

Only extra you get is 1 cc on 90R and more fuel plus weight on both and the less the better the FS70 gets good fuel usage too. My NORMAL yards are 2acres or right at

FS70 - $290
    FS94 - $356
    FS90 - $340

Capture.PNG

ericg likes this.
  4. Steve Collins

Steve Collins LawnSite Member

Buy a 100rx. So much better then those!!

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Get the 94R it is 2 stroke fine mid range unit and very light. we have 2 just keep gearbox greased. stay away from 4 mix expensive to fix

13Razorbackfan likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    blake101

Just saw my post from a while back, after owning both I have found out that the 94 is a crap. Take the 90 any day.

ed2hess likes this.
  7. tdoeizreal

tdoeizreal LawnSite Senior Member

What are you using it for? I just got my mom a batter powered stihl for her postage stamp lawn. At an average house, not sure which one it is but just get the best residential line one they have. Trimming all day for a lawn crew, get a 100. I like the 130 for trimming a new lawn. It has the extra power to really clean it up and leave some good lines. Right tool for the right job

8. OP
    OP
    blake101

Been for about the past 15 years.

9. OP
    OP
    blake101

Have been doing yards for about the past 15 years. Between the two trimmers the 90 seems to have more torque and cranks a lot easier. I don't see me ever trying another 94.

10. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I have a FS90, the 100, and a KM130 which we can put a trimmer attachment on. For day to day work....either the 90 or the 100. For the thick and tall stuff, break out the 130. I think for me personally, I like the ligher weight of the 100 for prolonged used in turf. I USED to have a FS250R until it was stolen. That thing was a BEAST in the thick stuff...but its too heavy for daily trimmer use IMO. I think it was replaced by another model now though....240 I think.

hort101 likes this.