1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl Vs. Redmax Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmurphy, Feb 11, 2006.

1. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Hi. I am going to be purchasing a Backpack Blower before the start of the upcoming season. I was ready to buy a Eb7001 but I found out that there arent any close dealers. I have found a VERY close (within 3 minutes from my house):) payup Stihl dealer w/ service center. I was wondering, How does the Stihl BR 600 compare to the Redmax eb7001.

Thanks so much,
    -John Murphy-

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The Stihl BR600 is a better, lighter, quieter blower with more blowing power.
    Plus you have a close dealer verses no dealer.
    It's a no-brainer...

3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

The Red Max is a better blower overall quality wise plus it is a 2 cycle.

But, you are better off to go with a local dealer and, if that means Stihl, then so be it. I don't like the new 4 mix engines...heavier, less power and more maintenance.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Comparing the eb7001 to the br600 is apple to oranges. Did you by chance mean the ebz8000? If not, go for the stihl, it is a more powerful blower in comparison to the eb7001 it is lighter as well.

5. greenscapes inc.

greenscapes inc. LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Go with the redmax. I have a stihl dealer 5 min away from me but I drive 2 hours for redmax and shindaiwa. I have 5 stihl blowers and trimmers sitting in my shop. They don't have a 1/4 of the hours my shindaiwa blowers have on them. I will never buy another stihl product unless is a chain saw.

6. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Why wont you buy another Stihl product?

7. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I'll answer this one. I have a Stihl FS-85 trimmer and an 017 saw. The saw has been in the shop three times for a carb rebuild and the trimmer once. The last time they both got the rebuild was last summer. They ran good for a little while but soon neither would accelerate when I squeezed the throttle.

I have never ever had so much trouble from 2 cycle equipment as I have with Stihl. I have Kawasaki trimmers, Husquvarna, Echo and Tanaka plus Redmax blowers. Over six years, only the Stihl products have given me trouble. I WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER STIHL ANYTHING .

Go with the 7001 Redmax blower and you will be happy. I have five of the older ones, the EB-6200 which are the same as the 7001 only without a few little modifications.

8. totallawncare912

totallawncare912 LawnSite Member

Stihl is junk Shindaiwa Kawasaki or Redmax, Redmax blowers are the best period my opinion plus i own one

9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i agree with greenscapes- no more stihl unless its a chainsaw. 4 mix is unproven technology!

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the BR600, and have been very pleased with it's performance. It has plenty of power:weightlifter: . Go with the Stihl.