1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl vs Shindaiwa Mutli Tool

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by green814, Apr 10, 2005.

1. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

Looking at the 4 mix mutli tool models. I saw the coupon for Shindaiwa for $50. off, but if the Stihl is the better model I will spend the money. My main interest is an edger & I have heard good feed back here on LS about the Stihl edgers. Thank you in advance for the help. I am hoping some of you guys have tried both & can give me a better comparison.
    Chris

2. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

echo echo echo echo

3. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

You're a little late for an April Fools joke.

4. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

No joke.

I use the Echo PAS units too and they work great and they are 2 cycle! I have the power pruner and the broom..both work awesome and save me a ton of time.

Why would you want to go with a 4 mix? Stick with quality 2 cycle equipment!

5. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have the Shini.....works pretty well........

Derek

6. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

Anyone else w/ some feedback?
    Chris

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

you're too funny! :D

8. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have the echo pas 260 system, and no complaints so far. Plenty of power to run an edger, not sure about the other attachments.

9. Jozgators

Jozgators LawnSite Member

I have the redmax with edger attachment, and also have stihl system also. I like the redmax better, bought it from a dealer for 150.00. As for the stihl I didn't have the 4-mix It was the one just below, but still commercial. Used it for hedging and extended chainsaw. My stihl I don't know how it happened lets just say I am left with couple inches from were the combo system attaches. No motor the outer shaft broke, dealer said someone cut it off. If the dealer still has it I will take a picture of it.

10. Pathfinders Lawncare

Pathfinders Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have the Shindaiwa with the edger, chain saw, hedge, and string. It sure has made me a ton of $$$ in the year I have had it. Very high marks.