1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

    Dismiss Notice

Still need help on paper type

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tpl, Feb 26, 2002.

  1. tpl

    tpl LawnSite Member
    Messages: 67

    I posted a thread a few days ago and I only received responses on the first half of my post. If anyone can help me out, I would be indebted.

    I need to find out where to get double sided glossy paper around 60# to print booklets. I have only been able to find 35# so far that will give me a decent enough print.

    I am using an HP 990cse pro series printer.

    If anyone has found paper that has high quality print without it being glossy, I will be happy to try that out also
  2. CS Lawns

    CS Lawns LawnSite Member
    from Iowa
    Messages: 92

    I would think you could buy it at any print shop or print supply company, try Copy Cat or Kinkos, Office Max etc.?
  3. tpl

    tpl LawnSite Member
    Messages: 67

    We do not have any Copy Cat's here in Nashville But we do have Kinkos. They only have text quality paper and their double sided gloss only comes in 24#. The print job is dull and it comes out beter on plain paper. I just figured that printing supply companies would only supply print companies with paper. I will try them now.
    I think I have tried just about everything from OfficeMax, and OfficeDepot.
    Does anyone know of anything else?
  4. CS Lawns

    CS Lawns LawnSite Member
    from Iowa
    Messages: 92

    You should be able to walk into a supplier and if they dont have it they will order, thats what I did. Good Luck
  5. rodfather

    rodfather LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,501

    I have a hp deskjet 960c. hp makes a 44lb gloss brochure and flyer paper. It's nice, I use it for one of my brochures and it's not cheesy looking. That's the heaviest I have been able to find in places like Staples or Office Max. It's around $15 or so for 50 sheets.

    Anything heavier than that, you'll probably have to go to a professional printer. That's been my experience.
  6. rodfather

    rodfather LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,501

    BTW, it's two-sided, and the product # is C6817A.

    Hope it works for you...
  7. Fantasy Lawns

    Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,913

    you'd be suprised what's on eBay .....60lb Hammermill ....use search of "photo paper" & "glossy paper" ....500 sheets for $50.00 7 mil Photo Quality Paper .....100 sheet pack of Kodak Picture Paper for $30.00 ...etc
  8. Likestomow

    Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 997

    Here is what I use:

    Kromekote 200 IS Cover. It is a high gloss, 8 points (80# cover) and comes in 250 sheets to a package. I pay around $15.25, which is a printers price. If you go to a paper house and tell them you have a business, they will probably sell it to you at the printers price.

    The other one which is the same thing, is Kings Cast Coat, also an 80# cover. Both of these papers go through my PhotoSmart printer quit easily. It just takes a little while for each sheet to dry, so check them when they come out.

    This paper can also be used for printing color photographs, just lke photo paper. The results are extremely good in my opinion.

    Just mine...<G>
  9. tpl

    tpl LawnSite Member
    Messages: 67

    my thanx to rodfather and likestomow. New ideas is what has allways made a business more successful. I will get samples of each and try them out.:)

Share This Page