1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

still need your ideas...now with pictures

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AielLandscaping, Aug 22, 2002.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

ok i posted this last week and have yet to take the plant out.. i think i'll get to it soon, but until then this is what i'm dealing with.

picture 005.jpg

2. AielLandscaping

here's another shot

picture 006.jpg

3. AielLandscaping

and this is the final one

picture 007.jpg

4. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

whats your question?

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

try using a sponge and some round up concentrate might have to do a couple of times to kill it then cut it back and if its still persistent try cutting off the sunlight

6. AielLandscaping

oh ok the question for those that didn't read my post from a week ago was how to safely remove this plant without damaging the window

7. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I'd use Round-up Pro. After killing it, I'd cut what I could with a root cutting hand saw. With what's left, treat with stump killer. By the way, make use of the round-up and treat that stuff by the faucet. :D Good luck.

8. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

definitly use roundup. I usually throw a little fertilizer in the mix. The leaves of the plant open up to take in the fert and bang get the roundup. It seems I get a quicker kill using this method. once its good and dead you should be able to pull it out.
    Dennis

9. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't kill it, bring it back to the office alive as your mascot.

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Kill it with whatever, then cut it out of there with a handsaw. If you can't do it with a hand saw, get a pole pruner. :D