1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Still Trying To Choose

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dannylj, Jul 15, 2004.

1. dannylj

dannylj LawnSite Member

I have been looking at new ZTRs and am having trouble deciding. Cub Tank 48" - $5000 - 3 years - no interest - good close dealer, Toro 44" - good close dealer - good reputation - $5100, Exmark 48" - $6500 - close dealer - good reputation. Now I've run into a Gravely. First one I have seen but looks good. All the others have Kohlers but the Gravely has a Kaw. $5300 including mulch kit. Dealer (Exmark dealer) says it takes 1 day for parts for the Exmark but 4 days for Gravely. All look like good machines but I'm having trouble choosing. Need input. Thanks folks. Danny

2. dannylj

dannylj LawnSite Member

Sorry folks, I meant to post this on the commercial forum.Danny

3. dsaldivar

dsaldivar LawnSite Member

Tough choice but I would always lean on the side of a good dealer, service and warranty. Do a have a good repour with your dealer? Have you established a good relationship with the dealer? What is the guaranteed turn around time for getting equipment fixed (realizing it depends on the problem) My dealer provides me with a loaner while mine is in the shop.

Other considerations would be your customer base. Do most want clippings bagged? Is the mower a good bagging machine and has that optional accessory.

just my thoughts. Good Luck

P.S. If it were me I would go with a Toro.

Danny

4. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

id go with the tank

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I think if it was me I'd take take the exmark with toro a close second.

6. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

go with the exmark

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'd demo the Tank, the Gravely and the eXmark.

Then I'd buy the one I liked the best, end of story.

You mentioned the Tank financing, which is very good, so I assume you will be making payments. Even if (lets say) you liked the eXmark better which is $1,500 more....

How much difference is that really going to make a month, even with interest? Oh $60 a month maybe?.... Buy what you like best from the best dealer you can find.

8. dannylj

dannylj LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input guys. I guess I just need to drive them all. All the dealers are close and 2 of them are great. Danny

9. samk

samk LawnSite Member

I would go with the cub you can buy alot of other stuff with the money you save .