Stinger’s new “Smart Seeder”

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Stinger Equipment, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Stinger Equipment

Stinger Equipment Sponsor

It’s time to start working smarter, quicker, and more efficient!

Cam15 likes this.
  2. Ghopper3345

Ghopper3345 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Can u get it now and how mucc

3. OP
    OP
    Stinger Equipment

Yes and they are $1,500

Should be on the website any day or just call the office.

Cam15 likes this.
  4. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys make aerators like the toro green aerator or are they drum models

5. OP
    OP
    Stinger Equipment

We currently don’t make any cam driven aerators....currently.

6. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Senior Member

HMU when you do.

7. greenfire

greenfire LawnSite Senior Member

This is amazing.

8. HighChiefKC

HighChiefKC LawnSite Member

How does it control the rate at which you put it down? btw love my quad 3000! Such a huge money maker and I even have other companies paying me to aerate their customers lawns!

hort101 likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Stinger Equipment

It has a custom controller with firmware to control the seed gate with an algorithm based on position feedback, rate of change, distance to travel, voltage, and the calibration constant determined when it boots up based off the actuator at that time. All this to make it move quickly and very precisely. You can adjust the controller just 1 digit and see it move 0.010” which is about 3 sheets of paper thick....that what I mean by precise control. When it closes, it come back to the exact same point every-time.

In English, you just select the setting (0-50) on the controller to adjust how much seed you want to come out. You can adjust it on the fly, and its always goes to the same spot every time.

It will save tons of grass seed as compared to a “traditional” broadcast spreaders.

hort101 likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Stinger Equipment

We designed the controller, wrote the code, and have it built within 1-mile of our factory. That’s what you call America manufacturing!

Below is how they are assembled, then placed in the control housing, and then fully encapsulated in epoxy to seal them permanently from moisture. They are 100% solid state with no moving parts.

Actually, all future Stinger products will have smart controllers to make the user experience simple and easy. Stinger is will move this Industry to the 21st century.

425DEB47-EBCA-46E6-8B7F-A60595FDB007.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    BrandonV, hort101 and HighChiefKC like this.