Stinger’s new ground metered applicator at GIE

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
Maybe I missed it...how wide is the spray?

Also...a Briggs? Not a Honda?

rlitman

LawnSite Silver Member
Why would you paint a stainless frame?
Stainless does not equal rust proof. Plenty of the salts found in fertilizers can be corrosive to stainless (google stainless chloride stress corrosion), and the powdercoat will prevent much of that. The same sort of treatment is required by code for flexible stainless steel natural gas lines used as flexible connectors for appliances.

tl;dr: I'd say that powdercoating stainless is a nice upgrade.

OP
Stinger Equipment
Why would you paint a stainless frame?
Have you seen what all the stainless frames look like? Look at our unit and look at anyone else’s and ask me again why we paint it.

It also says stinger from 1/2 mile away...no missing the yellow and black.

It has the same great color scheme and look as all our products.

Those who have seen it in person....please add to this.

It’s a huge upgrade!

OP
Stinger Equipment
Maybe I missed it...how wide is the spray?

Also...a Briggs? Not a Honda?
8’ wide

it’s a new vanguard...when you hear it run for the first time you will know why we are using it.

and Honda doesn’t have the electrical power requirements we need in that size of engine.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
IMO, this machine is a different breed. More toward automated controls, less manual things to do. It would take some learning to get used to push button controls as opposed to cables and levers.

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
8’ wide

it’s a new vanguard...when you hear it run for the first time you will know why we are using it.

and Honda doesn’t have the electrical power requirements we need in that size of engine.
Still a Briggs. Just not a fan of B&S.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
They didn’t have one in the demo area
There aren’t any in production , it’ll be spring before you see any
Correct, and even the one on the floor may see mods prior to production. Like a dual nozzle setup instead of single, spot wand, etc.