Stinger Quad Aer vs. Lesco Pro Aer

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
I only spot seed bare areas. Aeration is not for seeding. It’s to allow the lawn to breathe. If you live up north you will get new growth off present growth.

buttaluv

LawnSite Senior Member
Aerating and not over seeding is like wiping before you poop… no point in it!.. I try to always overseed after aeration…

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
If I aerate a lawn and they have a rough lawn from the summer I usually overseed at that time. I believe most do the same ?
Most but not me. Lol. I use seed where it’s needed. Quoting prices for cores with seed would be a very high price.
Aerating and not over seeding is like wiping before you poop… no point in it!.. I try to always overseed after aeration…
aerating is not for seeding. It’s for the benefits of aeration. Just like aerating a fish tank. The turf that’s in Pennsylvania will get new grass off the present grass. Seeding is if the lawn is totally beat up from fungus and surface feeding insect damage. Also if your trying to introduce a new cultivar of grass. Then yea overseeding is fine

K c m

LawnSite Silver Member
Go to Home Depot, find a used classen for 900$ then buy yourself a John Deere 1023e with a d120 bucket. Northern tool sells a great aerator 48” for like 700$ trust me, the damage you can do with that set up will make those two look like ham sambos.

Top Forums