Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
Hi, I'm just reading this older thread. Saw you got a Stinger. How has it been working out this year? I've been trying to order one but haven't hear back from dealers. I am planning to start pestering SiteOne soon.

As stated, we love it. We should have checked every fastener on the spoons but overall the machine is fantastic.

Toro44

LawnSite Senior Member
I wish the 3000 had a gas gauge, the kawi goes from full bore to complete stop. I’ve done 29 aeratings the last few days, still running great. Also, make sure you use the parking brake, when it’s off the hydros freewheel and don’t have resistance. If you’re on a hill and turn your back, bye bye.

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
Roger. Thanks. I made sure to tell the dealer to check all fittings and make sure all those were tight. Heard to many stories about loose nuts and bolts in stingers from the dealer. Thanks again

JawT

LawnSite Member
I keep making calls to try to buy one of these but SiteOne would have to ship me one from N Carolina. And they won't ship it until it's paid for (no financing). I want to finance half of it, and this is driving me nuts. Can't find another dealer in my area yet. If anybody knows a stinger dealer in Michigan or northern Ohio please let me know. Thanks!

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
Roger. Thanks. I made sure to tell the dealer to check all fittings and make sure all those were tight. Heard to many stories about loose nuts and bolts in stingers from the dealer. Thanks again

Actually had a hydro hose loosen up on the demo...wasn't easy to get to and was mildly unimpressed. The one we bought has been fine other than the spoons/tines.

But, after that we did check every fastener. I think most of the spoons/tines took at least a 1/4 turn of the wrench.

NewVision

LawnSite Senior Member
I've been racking my brain trying to find a 30" Stand on Stinger Aerator. Every dealer I spoke with told me " Good Luck!"

Top Forums