Stinger ride on vs Turfco Xt8 Aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by TWGS, Feb 22, 2018.

1. TWGS

TWGS LawnSite Member

I want to get the Stinger Riding Aerator due to not having any chains, but it is 5ft wide and the Xt8 is 4ft wide i believe. Many backyard gates are 4-5ft to worry about when the majority of my lots are .25-.5 acre lots. Anyone else leaning towards the Xt8 due to this issue?

tebletlawns likes this.
  2. Lawnappmo

Lawnappmo LawnSite Member

They are coming out with a smaller ride on version I heard. I'm not sure the date on it.

3. kswiney

kswiney LawnSite Member

We really like the exmark units, and you can lease them. We had a stinger and returned it due to poor performance.

4. TWGS

TWGS LawnSite Member

This is the first time I have heard that a Stinger product had poor performance? What didn't you like? Did you have Stand on Aerator?

5. kswiney

kswiney LawnSite Member

We had the walk behind. It couldn't pull more than
    1 1/2" core. We ran it side by side with exmark
    ( walkbehind and 30" standon) and the Billy goat ae401h and even the exmark walk behind pulled better cores.

6. Stinger Equipment

Stinger Equipment Sponsor

I would love to come demo one of our machines in person and see if what you say is really true. 24" walk-behind or a riding machine.

When does your aerating season start in TX? Better yet, I'll come run a route with you and your guys for a day. I'll do 2x more aerating in a day and pull better cores than your current equipment without breaking a sweat.

Please send me a PM so I can contact you?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  7. Stinger Equipment

I was going to wait, but we have a 30" machine the same size as Toro / Exmark / Ryan / and the TX8 on test. It will be out by May. Speed is 8 mph and 30" wide. Super quick, agile, and no chains!

Retail - $10,000 - $10,500

We also have a leasing and financing options thru dealers.

Try one of ours side by side with any of them and you will be floored by the differences.

8. Stinger Equipment

9. greenfire

greenfire LawnSite Senior Member

While I didn't demo the unit, I did see it in person. That was my first reaction.. this thing is WIDE. If it isn't going to fit through your gates, then it wouldn't be a good purchase unless you have a walk behind for the smaller lawns and gates. I would be interested to see the mid-size when it comes out.

10. Stinger Equipment

Here is our new ones with hopper mount installed. We will have mounting kits for Lesco and JRCO spreaders that bolt right to our units.

The harness is also compatible for easy install.

Install or take off in 2-3 minutes.

It also mounts to the front frame instead of a receiver setup so its more rigid and in the correct location.