Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here's the scene. It's 6pm, your knees are getting weak from hunger, and you are mowing grannys yard. Every time you make a pass by her kitchen window, you get a nice smell of a 7 course meal!! This makes me have visions of ordering a #3 Extra Value Meal from McDonalds!! To make things worse, when I'm through mowing, this lady proceeds to tell me everything she is cooking!! How about throwing a little snack to your lawn guy????? Gotta go, getting hungry!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Don't know, can't stand fast food. After working under a chef for 2 years fast food is such a stomach turner. Wait! I take that back, I have been to Subway from time to time. Go Jared!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I used to mow for this little old lady, "RIP". She would always have a roast lamb cooking on their regular day. Used to drive me crazy. Smelt sooooooo good!

Subway is the go for fast (or not so) food. Just had a new one open up local to me. Very Handy. Too Handy

·
Registered
477 Posts
Mowin at dinner time last week, gettin hungry... neighbor is grillin a steak..........mmmmmmm smells good..... get done... get outta there, go to next job......... neighbor is grillin a steak! Thought I might have to go over and steal it off the grill....... it was drivin me nuts!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Great story and it reminds me of a customer of mine. Very nice lady who is an excellent baker. One day I was on the mower and the wind was strong from the south. when I was on the north side of the house I had that weak knee feeling of smelling home made bread. When I was on the windward side, it was gone. I spent lots of time mowing the north side and when I was done there was a warm loaf of bread sitting inside the truck. YEEHAW. I asked her if she would adopt me.
This lady also makes 4 kinds of home made cookies that she gives me twice a year. I can almost mow there for free.

·
Banned
776 Posts
I can't stand McyD's. I have a couple places I will go to if I am starving and need something quick for little $. However I had a good friend who... if McDonald's was Tokyo, he would be Godzilla. Just disgusting. I always like working for Italians in the sense that whatever they give me to eat is GOOD. Had one client who would make her own sauce 1x per year (55 gal.) man could that woman cook. Another guy owned a pizza place... "get whatever you want, it's on me." Went in there a couple times and got pasta, usually though I just went for pizza. No big deal for most places... but at this place he gets ~$4.00 / slice, and NO they aren't big slices.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the same with my Friday mourning. But i'm talking 8:30 AM. Next door to this lawn I do has like a pot roast or roast beef smell coming out of there. I swear they are looking at me laughing as I proceed to mow in my own drawl.

Steve

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's tough working through dinner time. One of my older customers was cooking a burger on the grill and I mentioned to her that it smelled good. She says, "Well, I can cook an extra one if you want?" I gave her the obligatory "Aww, you don't have to go to all that trouble... but if you insist- I'll take mayo, mustard, and no tomato." 15 minutes later I was sitting at the dinner table with a burger, chips, and an ice cold beer. She always brings me out homemade cookies each time I cut the grass. One of my favorite customers for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Lets see I mow a McD's a Wendys, a local BBQ joint. and Dixie Cafe. Dixie has good size menu chicken fried steak, pot rost, chicken strips, and such. To avoid the situations mentioned above I mow them in the mornings.

None of them are as good as my own cooking.

Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.