1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Stinking Up The Hood!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Sep 7, 2003.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

OK here's the scene. It's 6pm, your knees are getting weak from hunger, and you are mowing grannys yard. Every time you make a pass by her kitchen window, you get a nice smell of a 7 course meal!! This makes me have visions of ordering a #3 Extra Value Meal from McDonalds!! To make things worse, when I'm through mowing, this lady proceeds to tell me everything she is cooking!! How about throwing a little snack to your lawn guy????? Gotta go, getting hungry!!

2. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

McDonalds recently changed the menu #'s. Is the double quarter pounder meal still a #3?

3. dave80

dave80 LawnSite Member

#3 is a quarter pounder w/ cheese i believe

4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know, can't stand fast food. After working under a chef for 2 years fast food is such a stomach turner. Wait! I take that back, I have been to Subway from time to time. Go Jared!

5. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I used to mow for this little old lady, "RIP". She would always have a roast lamb cooking on their regular day. Used to drive me crazy. Smelt sooooooo good!

Subway is the go for fast (or not so) food. Just had a new one open up local to me. Very Handy. Too Handy

6. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Mowin at dinner time last week, gettin hungry... neighbor is grillin a steak..........mmmmmmm smells good..... get done... get outta there, go to next job......... neighbor is grillin a steak! Thought I might have to go over and steal it off the grill....... it was drivin me nuts!

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Great story and it reminds me of a customer of mine. Very nice lady who is an excellent baker. One day I was on the mower and the wind was strong from the south. when I was on the north side of the house I had that weak knee feeling of smelling home made bread. When I was on the windward side, it was gone. I spent lots of time mowing the north side and when I was done there was a warm loaf of bread sitting inside the truck. YEEHAW. I asked her if she would adopt me.
    This lady also makes 4 kinds of home made cookies that she gives me twice a year. I can almost mow there for free.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I mow next door to a burger king DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

john have you tried the new chicken ceasar club
    now thats good eatin

HAPPY 200TH POST!:cool: :cool: :blob2: :blob2:

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I smell it every week:laugh: But now i will try it!
    John