stolen br 600 backpack

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by mbigred, Nov 16, 2017.

1. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

stolen backpack right off my mow tralier in the day light but not locked up but from now all things will be LOCKED UP keep all things locked up

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear that. I purchased enclosed trailers to curb thieves. Thieves suck.

RDALawns and hort101 like this.
  3. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

Sorry to hear about your BP blower. I still run open trailers but added baskets and lockable trimmer racks to my trailers.

RussellB and hort101 like this.
  4. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

trimmer rack stays locked open trailer

5. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

Add this and keep it locked too 1510874514533.jpg

6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

I posted a few months ago about 2 of my redmax 8500s being stolen dang near right in front of me, out of the back of my truck. Thought it was safe since we were a yard away and I was out front the entire time... but on a mower so during one pass when I wasn't facing the truck they were taken. I use a "toylok" now. Found on Amazon for about $55 Very neat for those times you don't want to have to lock everything up in the cage if you have one.

7. Modern marvel

Modern marvel LawnSite Member

I had a 570bts stolen right out of the back of my truck at the job site when I was in the backyard. It's a crying shame that this world has such scumbags in it if I can have any advice to this would be save all your serial numbers on all your equipment and get an engraving machine engrave your initials in certain places and wait if after a police report is made they find the stolen item you can easily prove it's yours. I keep my eyes open for my 570 it was my baby I loved that blower and if I ever find out who did it and catch them with it they going to wish the cops had got them first. Two things I hate in this world are thieves and Liars I won't tolerate them.

8. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I noticed a guy and girl in an old explorer driving around my rig when I happened to be out solo, finishing up some fall stuff, in November.

They finally came up an alley close to where I park, but I was already at my trailer, and I just stepped out in the street as they passed, making sure they saw the long look as they drove by-they did not return, thankfully. (cause I ain't a big guy, and ya never know where someone's head is!)

9. zraffz

zraffz LawnSite Senior Member

I don't really worry about theft on the job, most of my lawns are off the beaten path. I do worry about my equipment at my house so I have 8 high definition cameras covering 90% of my property. To get to my shed that I keep my equipment in is covered by 3 cameras.

hort101 likes this.
  10. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

thieves suck! check out my signature, and you will see that I have zero tolerance for it! Still paying for the damn ZTR that I don't have...didn't have the proper insurance to cover it. Expensive lesson.

hort101 likes this.