1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen kubota svl 75 in New Orleans

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by BShaffer, Sep 14, 2014.

1. BShaffer

BShaffer LawnSite Member

I never look at this forum, but clearly I'm not the only one that has had a recent theft!! We had gotten a new kubota svl 75 about this time last year and I got the dreaded call at 7 am this morning that she was missing. I wish they had taken the truck that was parked right I front of it. Everything has gps except this machine. We all have or should have insurance so the machine is covered but what really bothers me is I have know clue who did it. I could have waved or talked with the thief and don't have a clue, and that burns me up. O well, we were fortunate to have it and we will now get a new one. Good luck to everyone in finding your stuff.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ill keep an eye out B. looks like I need to unload the trailers and put equipment in my warehouse.

It's got me on edge, since our shops are just down the road from each other. Any leads?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. OP
    OP
    BShaffer

BShaffer LawnSite Member

No leads, no clues. JP is worthless and they only care about news worthy crimes. Our next door neighbor has a camera on the back of the building and no one passed that way so I'll check some businesses on peters road tom and see what happens. Not going to spend a lot of time, gotta keep moving forward. I let it bother me a few years ago when we got hit, you can only lock it up and protect so much. I don't think like a thief or drug junky so I won't get it. I just do the best we can.

4. KrayzKajun

Hmm ill check the cameras at my moms office on Engineers rd. one of the cameras faces engineers so if they went towards belle Chasse I would see it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I would be notifying kubota because if it ever goes into the shop it will turn up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Oh and if it is financed through kubota then you are covered too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

A F-ING track machine?????

Man, those guys are brazen!

That's too bad, I am sorry to hear that...

8. OP
    OP
    BShaffer

BShaffer LawnSite Member

Well, got the call today. My beloved kubota was found!! Almost exactly half way between home and the office, in the woods. Almost 100% intact. The bucket is gone but beyond that put the key in and on the trailer she went. I'm one of the lucky ones!!

9. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Great News!

10. KrayzKajun

Good deal B.
    Posted via Mobile Device