Stolen Tractor in Murphy NC area

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by muddstopper, Feb 5, 2018.

1. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

My nephew had his M5140 kubota stolen sat night in the Murphy NC area. We are located very close to the tenn and Ga state lines and I suspect the tractor is already out of state..I would appreciate everyone keep a look out and they can contact the Cherokee County NC Sheriff Dept at 828 837 1344. A reward is being offered.
    [​IMG]

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I guess they thought the tractor was sexy?

Any insurance on it?

3. muddstopper

Tractor has 704 hours

4. muddstopper

Yeah, its insured and has a loan on it. I am posting this everywhere and already have spies in Florida at all the auction sites, so hopefully it will turn up. My guess , and its just a guess, All the big auctions start this week in Florida and whoever stole it made a bee line down there to get rid of it and are hoping it gets shipped overseas.

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

"good thieves" hide the stuff for a while in a shop or hangar, they dont hock it right away, they wait til the heat dies down then movie it.

They "know the drill"

6. muddstopper

Tractor was recovered today. Dopehead stole it so that he didnt have to walk home. Stupid idiot when joy riding today and ran it out of fuel a couple miles from the State Patrol headquarters. SP found him setting in the middle of the highway and put the cuffs on him. Not only a dopehead, but stupid too.

CLT Bluesman and Reliable 1 like this.