1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Stone Installation Charges

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Natural Impressions, May 8, 2006.

1. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

I have a question about installing additional in beds. I have a customer who wants to fill in there beds with additional stone, just to make it look fuller. I am guessing he will need only about a ton spread out evenly. I was guessing a price of $100. plus the cost of the stone seemed reasonable. But with the cost of gas and the fact that my hauler only gets like 3 miles to the gallon (guessing about $15 in gas for job) I am worried it might not be worth it. Would you/do you charge more? Is anyone else have problems with estimate simple jobs like this because of gas now? I know the home owner would accept any price ( very good customer) but I am just trying to be honest. Thanks

2. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

a ton of 3/4 stone picked up around here is about $16.00 and to haul in your dump with fuel being as high as it is i would say $65.00 and say 1 hour for labor for 1 guy $45.00 so total $126.00 plus tax.good luck

3. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

I didn't think of breaking it up that way......material, delivery, labor