1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

stone walkway estimate???

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by BufalinoLand, Sep 24, 2006.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

A family member of mine wants to build a stone walkway. I am providing the sandstone so that is not part of the estimate. The area is roughly 150 square feet and the estimate he was given was $2200. Is that reasonable?
    Thanks

2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe yes.......maybe no......

Depends how much prep work and excavation is involved. Depends how big the sandstone to be laid is ( 12" squares or 3'X5' 4" thick slabs). Depends on job accessability......In other words, the money amount doesn't really tell the whole story......

3. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

The site is easily accessible and the excavation is pretty straight forward as far as I can tell. The sandstone that will be used is straight from the quarry, all shapes and sizes and between 2 to 4 inches thick. I'm no expert, but the job seems to be cut and dry from the builder's standpoint, which is why I wanted to make sure my uncle wasn't getting hosed on the price. Anyway, thanks for your info. I appreciate it. -Dan