• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Stonewall 19-0-6

Kevin@LKM

LawnSite Member
Hey everyone,

I have been doing some reading through a few threads, http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=126196 in specific about Stonewall pre-emergent with fert. I have been trying to find the label to read about the percent of slow release and other info but have not had any luck in finding that label.

Does anyone have a link to the label or any extra information specific to the 19-0-6?

Thanks!

OP
K

Kevin@LKM

LawnSite Member
Total Nitrogen (N) ................................................................................19.00%
19.00% Urea Nitrogen (N)*
Soluble Potash (K2O).............................................................................7.00%
Sulfur (S) Total ......................................................................................1.75%
1.75% Free Sulfur (S)
Derived From: Polymer Coated Sulfur Coated Urea, Urea, Muriate of Potash.
Chlorine (Cl) Max. .................................................................................5.25%
*5.10% Slowly available Urea Nitrogen from Polymer Coated Sulfur Coated Urea.

And sorry, I was under the impression it was 19-0-6, but it is 19-0-7

Last edited:

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
Total Nitrogen (N) ................................................................................19.00%
Soluble Potash (K2O).............................................................................7.00%
Sulfur (S) Total ......................................................................................1.75%
1.75% Free Sulfur (S)
Chlorine (Cl) Max. .................................................................................5.25%

Years ago, this is how I was taught to calculate the approximate percent of slow release in a given analysis. We will use yours for the example. Take all slowly available Nitrogen soluble and insoluble in your case 5.25% and divide it by the total amount of Nitrogen-19%. You will get a figure of .2763. Subtract the sulfer content of 1.75%(or .0175). This leaves you with .2588(or roughly 25%) Your product label contains 25% slow release Nitrogen.

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
Well...the label doesn't contain 25% slow release nitrogen. The product it represents does:laugh: I'll expect you to be able to explain this to the next person that asks you how to calculate % slow release

Marcos

LawnSite Gold Member
1.75% Free Sulfur (S)

The 5.10% at the bottom represents 5.10% of the 19% of the nitrogen in the bag is coated with sulfur.

So simply divide 5.1 / 19 = .27 or approximately 25 percent, like pieperlc predicted.:waving:

Fert companies in the US are allowed +/- 5% slack in they show on their labels, by law.

MnLefty

LawnSite Senior Member
Anybody remember the conversation about how Lesco only reported 90% of the slow release nitrogen on the label? They will call this a 30% product in the store.

30% x .9 = .27, or exactly what is on the label.

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
Anybody remember the conversation about how Lesco only reported 90% of the slow release nitrogen on the label? They will call this a 30% product in the store.

30% x .9 = .27, or exactly what is on the label.
I'v e got a label for 24-0-6/ .20 Stonewall. I was told when I bought the fert that it is a 50% slow release product.
Total N- 24%
Soluble potash -6%
Sulfer-4.8%
Clorine-4.5% max
14.04% slowly avaiable Urea Nitrogen from Polymer coated Sulfer coated Urea.
14.04/24= .585(58.5%)........50X.9=.45(45%)
These two figures don't even come close to each other as much as they did in the first example by the OP. Something tells me it's not as simple as either...