Stop baiting victims with equipment left outside

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Jasburrito, Jan 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasburrito

Jasburrito LawnSite Member

Might be a good idea to turn your security cameras off and or make sure your not being recorded. Never defend your property. If its not locked in a secure area you are baiting. And you are basically saying its free. Bend over and take it.

RussellB likes this.
  2. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Did you miss the part where it stated the people were leaving the bike out hoping someone would steal it? So that they could post the video of beating the thieves to youtube?

Cam15, RussellB, JMK26 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, so you can’t beat someone with a bat that took the property you intentionally set out to be taken. They did it multiple times, recorded it all and put it on youtube/fb. Prob just to get 15 minutes of fame.

Does that sound like someone protecting their property to you or someone that wants a reason to beat people? Use your brain, that’s ridiculous.

Cam15, RussellB and JMK26 like this.
  4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Smh.

Cam15 and RussellB like this.
  5. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Far cry from running out of your home in an attempt to grab the bike back and leaving the bike out there on multiple occasions just to get someone to take it so you can post videos on youtube for views.

Cam15, Matthews Lawn Care and sjessen like this.
  6. hal

hal LawnSite Silver Member
    from Georgia

Well I better bring my stuff in, dang it.

7. OP
    OP
    Jasburrito

Jasburrito LawnSite Member

Person steals bike? No problem.

Person steals bike in set up situation and gets hurt? Oh the thief is the victim here.

Liberal logic. Leaving your bike out overnight is like letting your wife out without supervision and a burka. It's just asking for it. Leaving a bike, which is your property, in front of your house, which is your property is NOT setting a "trap".

IF that were the case, then you couldn't leave anything that you own in front of your house, because you would be setting a trap.

If I leave my garage door open while I go inside for a drink and when I look at my camera I see someone going into my garage to steal tools, does that mean I baited them because I left the garage door open?

This glorifying and protecting the criminal and portraying them as a victim HAS TO STOP. but undercover drug sale stings, undercover police prostitutes.... these are all ok right?
    Cops even use bait cars to catch car thieves... but thats different because they dont beat them with bats...they use other approved methods to beat the thieves ass.
    Entrapment doesn't work as a defense against police, it shouldn't work against civilians when you are stealing their property.
    So, you can give your life in Service to this Nation, but IF you protect your home and property from thieves you are wrong?

Ma&Pa and paulsgrass like this.
  8. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I was under the impression the owners left the bike out on purpose so they could catch them and post videos on youtube.

My bad.

9. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Do you not understand that BOTH parties are criminals (and morons) in this case?

Cam15 and Matthews Lawn Care like this.
  10. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I’d have more sympathy for them if this was a one time deal, even if they did post it on the internet to send a message. However, by doing it multiple times, they are luring people into getting their ass beat- not defending their property. Honestly they are idiots for doing this

EricC, Cam15 and Matthews Lawn Care like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.