1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Storage Units

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Leone LawnCare, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

what do u guys do when your business is at the point where it is outgrowing your garage. But you cant afford a shop. I was thinking storage units because im getting a 16 foot enclosed and it doesnt fit in the garage or the ladys back yard where i stored my 12ft open last year. So im asking for what people do?

2. SCW

SCW LawnSite Member

We rent a storage unit for our 16' trailer---$86/month for enclosed storage

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 13x30 storage unit that I just rented this month...Its around $300 a month.

4. minerapex

minerapex LawnSite Member

Around here a local landscape supply guy rents out space on his lot. I pay $50 a month for both a 14' enclosed trailer and a 10' open trailer. You may want to check with other contractors in the area as well. You might make a friend and get cheap storage too.

5. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

Greg, Monday after lunch I'll show you mine. It's right up (north) Telegraph.

I rent a 10x30 for $200 month and outside storage for my trailer is $50 month.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I don't understand the question. Are you looking to store the enclosed trailer INSIDE a storage unit??

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I was wondering about the reasoning for this also.

8. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

Try a storage unit! most are really cheap and you do not have pay electricity in most centers. I rent a storage unit that I can back my enclosed trailer into and still have enough room to have my desk and other equipment in for around 200 a month plus most places have security cameras, that is just added security for your investment.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Whoa! I wish! That depends a LOT on where you're located. I pay $125 for a little 10'x20' with no elecricity. And I'm getting a bargain, most in my area are $175 for the same size unit.

Anything over that size, and they really take off too.

10. AssuredServicesCo

AssuredServicesCo LawnSite Member

I'm looking to store my storage building that stores an enclosed trailer. Any stores available?