Storing equipment on a trailer

LandFakers

LawnSite Fanatic
I am trying to decide wether or not i can get away with leaving my equipment on the trailer all winter. The trailer would be under cover and i was just wondering if there was any posibility of the trailer getting any sag from the weight of my 52" lazer and 36" JD walkbehind. Its an NNT 6.4x14 single axle trailer. I would put them where i usually keep them, but then i have to take the entire vac system off, and i will be using that in the spring anyway. Thanks

Rob

mowerbrad

LawnSite Fanatic
You may get some sag but you could solve that problem by putting a jack stand at each corner and basically resting the trailer on those.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
LandFakers

LandFakers

LawnSite Fanatic
You think that only on the corners would help? Maybe some underneith?

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have mine on my enclosed 20ft all winter. Sometimes in the summer I'll store my winter only stuff and use every now and again stuff on my 18ft open trailer. what jacking it up and using jack stands?
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
LandFakers

LandFakers

LawnSite Fanatic
I imagine it would be to much different then huh? anyone jack up the trailer to keep the wheels from getting flat spots?

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
why would there be any sag in the first place?

they are there during the season anyway. it's no different. just because they aren't constantly being unloaded and loaded.

i've always stored my equipment in my trailer through the winter. no sag here.....

OP
LandFakers

LandFakers

LawnSite Fanatic
yardguy28 do you do anything with the wheels? or just roll it under cover and let her be?

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
yardguy28 do you do anything with the wheels? or just roll it under cover and let her be?
my trailer is enclosed so i don't need to cover it. but no i just let her be. never had flat spots or dry rot from doing it either as some have suggested in the past.

it sits for roughly 3 months never moving an inch. loaded the same way it is during the working season.