• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Straight stripes on bumpy lawns

mith

LawnSite Member
OK guys, spill the beans, how do you get perfect sraight stripes on bumpy lawns.
The stuff I mow is mainly of field quality turf (whats fert and weedkiller? :p ) but it stripes up nice when you mow it. The trouble is that the lawns are about as flat as the rockies. When you go over the bumps although the steering is striagt it looks like you turned because the difference in height.
How do I prevent this short of resurfacing the lawns (which im not gunna do)?

Thanks for any help

PS, moss stripes up good too :p
Cheers

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
mith said:
OK guys, spill the beans, how do you get perfect sraight stripes on bumpy lawns.
The stuff I mow is mainly of field quality turf (whats fert and weedkiller? :p ) but it stripes up nice when you mow it. The trouble is that the lawns are about as flat as the rockies. When you go over the bumps although the steering is striagt it looks like you turned because the difference in height.
How do I prevent this short of resurfacing the lawns (which im not gunna do)?

Thanks for any help

PS, moss stripes up good too :p
Cheers
Cut on a Angil

nobagger

LawnSite Gold Member
Practice, Practice, Practice!

jtkplc

LawnSite Silver Member
usually a quarter turn of wedege and about a half pound in the right rear will take care of the problem! j.k

PRACTICE!!!!

PMLAWN

LawnSite Gold Member
jtkplc said:
usually a quarter turn of wedege and about a half pound in the right rear will take care of the problem! j.k

PRACTICE!!!!
You would think that an answer like that would come for me, as I live in Nascar central.