1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

strange question

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by wooley99, Nov 22, 2007.

1. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

The back story and then the question.

Tonight I finished swapping the motor in my idiot kid's 2003 Honda Civic SI (it would have been easier and cheaper to just replace the radiator a couple months ago).

By the time I saw it the spark plugs were welded in, head warped, two visible piston chambers were scored.

I got a bone yard engine (and a new radiator) and the car is good to go again (early Christmas present for Idiot-boy)

Finally my question; is the old motor worth anything over whatever sending it to the boneyard would give? I haven't found anything on the net and finding a replacement wasn't all that easy. With the kids that turn them into "Fast and Furious" cars maybe even a rebuildable motor is worth something.

Thanks...

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

If this thing overheated to the point the plugs welded in, I would be willing to bet the deck is warped as well along with other damage to the block.

Looks like bone-yard material to me.

Don't think too highly of the boy huh....;)