Strangest Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattZ28

LawnSite Member
Ive had irate customers show up at MY HOME because I didn't return their calls back in a timely manner, even after telling them that that is not ok, my personal home is not a place of business and i consider it trespassing to be peaking around my familys home, they were too ignorant to understand why i terminated our business relationship then and there.... "Your still going to plow this winter right?"

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
I had a lady email me asking for a quote to do her lawn. I replied asking if she could provide her address and contact information ( you would think she would have done that in the original email message ).

She then replied back saying that " I do not live giving out personal information "

Its still puzzles me when I think about it.
seems a lot of people are like this now. i'm like "how can i give you an estimate and look at the yard when i don't know your address?"

i've had several that you can't call as well. they never answer the phone. their voicemail isn't set up so you can't leave a message. if you go knock on the door they don't answer. it's just getting really weird out there. :laugh:

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
i got an email through google the other day...which is weird. the first time that's ever happened. usually people just call or text. anyways i thought it was some sort of scam at first. they are like we need you to mow every 3 weeks and the older guy can't mow it anymore and the loud noise of the mower gives me migraines. it was a tax service ran out of a house i think when i looked on google maps.

i just emailed them back and said "I'm not taking any new customers at this time."

it's dry as a bone here. nothing is growing. i've had 2-3 calls for estimates this week. it really is odd and makes no sense. nothing needs to be mowed so why are they wanting estimates?

a lot of people call this time of year wanting one time cuts. it drives me nuts. i'm just like nope sorry. i don't do that.

i think people just don't want to mow their yard when it gets hot, dry, and dusty.

OP
paulsgrass

paulsgrass

Banned
i got an email through google the other day...which is weird. the first time that's ever happened. usually people just call or text. anyways i thought it was some sort of scam at first. they are like we need you to mow every 3 weeks and the older guy can't mow it anymore and the loud noise of the mower gives me migraines. it was a tax service ran out of a house i think when i looked on google maps.

i just emailed them back and said "I'm not taking any new customers at this time."

it's dry as a bone here. nothing is growing. i've had 2-3 calls for estimates this week. it really is odd and makes no sense. nothing needs to be mowed so why are they wanting estimates?

a lot of people call this time of year wanting one time cuts. it drives me nuts. i'm just like nope sorry. i don't do that.

I got an email today from Google Business. Got a reply from the customer and am going to give a quote later today.

Jeff@diyokc

LawnSite Senior Member
Had a text from a lady who was referred to me, went thru all that she wanted, and then proceeded to tell me she has cancer and is dying! Okkkk, I guess I would probably not waste money on lawn care then! Kinda just left this one alone!

Called the “referer” and got this “wtf” she’s perfectly fine, works out 4 days a week, she’s just wanting to see if you’ll do it cheaper! At this point, it was a definite pass!!

MattZ28

LawnSite Member
seems a lot of people are like this now. i'm like "how can i give you an estimate and look at the yard when i don't know your address?"

i've had several that you can't call as well. they never answer the phone. their voicemail isn't set up so you can't leave a message. if you go knock on the door they don't answer. it's just getting really weird out there. :laugh:
Yup this is true. Few years ago had a customer inquire about a clean up through text message, set up a time, went there knocked on the door, no one answered, called the number, no one answered, saw some shadow movement in one of the Windows so we gave up and moved on. An hour or so later got a text asking how much it would cost.... We just had a bad feeling that if we don't know who you are and you won't meet and go over job expectations, how do we know we are going to get paid????

Also im at the point where if you are not an established customer that I have a working relationship with i will not answer or do business through text. Ive had enough of the dumb ignorant "will you look at my yard" or "how much do you charge to mow a yard" texts... We can't someone just call and say "hello my name is ______ and i live in town _____ and i was wondering if you'd be interested in mowing my property."

Status
Not open for further replies.