1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

String Trimmer Bump Head Issues

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by betterca, Feb 1, 2005.

1. betterca

betterca LawnSite Member

I have several of the 2510 trimmers with the "Brain" trimmer heads. I am having problems with the cap portion falling off. This happens on while on the rack on my trailer probably due to the vibrations from the road. I have lost these "caps" off of both new and old trimmer heads. If I lose only the cap then it becomes a $20 repair. If I lose the inner spool too, then it just makes more sense to buy an entire new head.
    Growing tired of what seems like a money pit I have searched for a replacement head that will fit. Landscapers Supply Corp. sold me a head that was supposed to fit, except it was a "male" rather than "female" mount. I would rather convert all of my trimmer heads than replace all of my trimmers, but there doesn't seem to be any solution.
    I have been in business doing commercial work for 18 years and I have not had another manufacturers trimmer fall apart like this. My local dealer is more than willing to just continue selling these parts to me, but I am tired of it. How much work can you get done if you show up to a clients site with only 90% of a string trimmer?

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    I'm sorry to hear that. Here's what I propose:

I am going to send you a 5" tap head (comes standard on our current trimmer lineup) for you to try. This is a proven head and I think you will like it.

Email me your mailing address and I will send it out ASAP.

Sincerely,

Mark Woodling
    Tanaka