1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

String Trimmer

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by CBRmanimal, Apr 5, 2009.

1. CBRmanimal

CBRmanimal LawnSite Member

I was able to get the trimmer for $230 to my door. =)

2. NatesLawnCareLLC

NatesLawnCareLLC LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I've been running a FS46 for years and I recently needed to buy another trimmer just so that I can be more productive. I got the FS100RX I like it. It has a lot of power However I am 6'5" and the straight shaft really starts to get to me after about 5 minutes. I'm a fan of curve shafts because they're "taller" however I think that once I get aftermarket handle so I won't have to lean over so much I will love my Stihl FS100RX

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I have a FS66 that I still use to this day. 15 bucks and nothing wrong with it. I bought a FS90 for back-up last year and I still haven't used it.

I figured the FS66 would have died by now as I run hedge trimmer, edger, tiller head and string head. The thing will scream with the hedge clippers on, and the last time I checked the exhaust port, the piston still looks new.

4. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a FS66 also, if i had to guess it is about 18-20yrs old, still running like a champ. Bought a FS90r yesterday and now I will use the 66 as a back up. So far the 90 is great, lots of power compaired to the 66.

5. CBRmanimal

CBRmanimal LawnSite Member

Best trimmer ever here =)
    [​IMG]

6. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. LawnSite Member

i got the stihl fs100rx and it is no doubt the best trimmer i ever bought. get a stihl straight shaft 4 mix and you should be fine