String Trimmers for Girls

FastMan

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a female helper of the non :weightlifter: variety this summer. She'll be doing a lot of string trimmer work. What do you suggest for a lightweight, yet bullet proof quality trimmer for her?

Thanks for saving me a bit of the research time.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
Tanaka has a lightweight trimmer that I use. It's the TCG22EASSLP model. It's under 10 pounds fully assembled. It's not going to have the power of something like the Stihl 4 Mix trimmers but it doesn't weigh anywhere near as much as they do. It does have a nice balance. When I bought mine I didn't think it would hold up but it's going into it's second year as a front line trimmer.

http://www.wisesales.com/tanaka-tcg...n=GoogleBase&gclid=CNexq5fnza4CFQmMtgodYythBw

OP
FastMan

FastMan

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks, guys, I'll have a look at all 3.

93Chevy, is the Redmax TR2301 a discontinued model? I don't see it on their website.

93Chevy

LawnSite Fanatic
This! When my wife decides she wants to "help" this is the trimmer I got for her and it's great. It's unbelievable how lightweight this thing is. Also, it runs great for a low 20cc engine and has been bullet proof. Don't even think about .095 line though. It's much happier with .080 in it.
I ran mine with .105 and it ate everything in it's path. Didn't bog down or anything. I mean I wasn't whipping down 3' tall hillsides, for for regular whipping, line edging, and moderate growth, it'll do a damn dang good job.

michael14

LawnSite Member
I have an old stihl fs55. it's like 10 years old and if it ain't got a million hours on it is close :confused: . Maybe a thousand realistically but it's been great.

knox gsl

LawnSite Fanatic
My wife likes my fs100rx, but the light weight redmax would be a good choice.
Posted via Mobile Device