1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

String Trimmers for Girls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FastMan, Mar 4, 2012.

1. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

I have a female helper of the non :weightlifter: variety this summer. She'll be doing a lot of string trimmer work. What do you suggest for a lightweight, yet bullet proof quality trimmer for her?

Thanks for saving me a bit of the research time.

2. greenpoint

greenpoint LawnSite Member

Stihl fs100rx - they have a lightweight shaft that makes them lighter than the others. We have a few and they're great.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Redmax TR2301

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Tanaka has a lightweight trimmer that I use. It's the TCG22EASSLP model. It's under 10 pounds fully assembled. It's not going to have the power of something like the Stihl 4 Mix trimmers but it doesn't weigh anywhere near as much as they do. It does have a nice balance. When I bought mine I didn't think it would hold up but it's going into it's second year as a front line trimmer.

http://www.wisesales.com/tanaka-tcg...n=GoogleBase&gclid=CNexq5fnza4CFQmMtgodYythBw

5. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, guys, I'll have a look at all 3.

93Chevy, is the Redmax TR2301 a discontinued model? I don't see it on their website.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

7. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

This! When my wife decides she wants to "help" this is the trimmer I got for her and it's great. It's unbelievable how lightweight this thing is. Also, it runs great for a low 20cc engine and has been bullet proof. Don't even think about .095 line though. It's much happier with .080 in it.

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I ran mine with .105 and it ate everything in it's path. Didn't bog down or anything. I mean I wasn't whipping down 3' tall hillsides, for for regular whipping, line edging, and moderate growth, it'll do a damn dang good job.

9. michael14

michael14 LawnSite Member

I have an old stihl fs55. it's like 10 years old and if it ain't got a million hours on it is close :confused: . Maybe a thousand realistically but it's been great.

10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

My wife likes my fs100rx, but the light weight redmax would be a good choice.
    Posted via Mobile Device