• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Stripes from Alaska

TheLawnRangerTX

LawnSite Member
That can't be Alaska. There's no snow on the ground and the house is not made of ice blocks! Are you sure it's Alaska!? LOL! The property looks beautiful. You did a great job! I sure would like to make it up there someday. From one LawnRanger to another! Keep up the good work! :waving:

Grass Man

LawnSite Senior Member
... Nice cut, that grass looks so nice and green and lush. We are in a drought around hear and it's good to see some good green grass. I guess next month you will be showing us what we are eventually going to get “snow”, ha.

.... Nice grass and nice striping, well done :).

lawnrangeralaska said:
heres just two yards i got around to take pictures of

OP
L

lawnrangeralaska

LawnSite Senior Member
Grass Man said:
... Nice cut, that grass looks so nice and green and lush. We are in a drought around hear and it's good to see some good green grass. I guess next month you will be showing us what we are eventually going to get “snow”, ha.

.... Nice grass and nice striping, well done :).
thanks, yea i dont snow plow though, i should just for my 45 accounts but i dont just because im still in high school. You should ride with me one week and look at all my lawns everyone of them is striped. I just forgot the camera everyday this season, to get pics :angry: lol

OP
L

lawnrangeralaska

LawnSite Senior Member
few more pics from another yard. i just cut that yard saturday and you can tell its not all pretty anymore but there are stripes. Also look at the difference between the neighbors cut and mine.

MVC-006S.JPG

MVC-005S.JPG

MVC-007S.JPG

Grass Man

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi Lawnrangeralaska,

.... Yes, I see what you mean, Fall is moving in fast or should I say winter. Those stripes are looking good. You know, for the most part, the lower forty eight does not look at Alaska without snow. That appears to be an average or better than average neighborhood, nice houses.

.... Good pics.

lawnrangeralaska said:
few more pics from another yard. i just cut that yard saturday and you can tell its not all pretty anymore but there are stripes. Also look at the difference between the neighbors cut and mine.

cash_money

LawnSite Member
hey how is your 460 on gas hauling your trailer? i have the 5.8 and i'm getting between 7-10 mpg. 10 is when i have a real light load but the lowest it has ever got was when i had 4 yards of mulch in the bed and hauling the trailer with a full load of mulch around to get to a job i got 5mpg glad i had dual tanks or i would of had to fill up almost twice to get to that job. you puching any snow up there yet that 460 is a puching beast.

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
nice looking lawns

How is the cutting season up there most of the time?