Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok-my first attempt at posting any of my stripes. Be nice boys. This is without a striping roller-I would like to get 2 for the next season so that I TOO can stripe the Gamba-way. I hope this picture turns out. photo taken high upon a hill that we have to weedeat 3X yr...(before you all jump on me. That is the customers choice. )

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I think they look good considering no roller or chains.

·
Banned
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gee, thanks! :)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Mower Babe,

Either that lawn is irrigated or that pictur was taken over a month ago. Hmmm that lawn looks familiar. Looks very nice.

·
Banned
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh-of course they do not irrigate. That would cost money. lol.

I took it around July, maybe--I would have to look. I had it stored on my computer with other business pictures.

Yes, DLCS-I bet it does look familiar to you.:D

Thanks for the compliments-elephant and dlcs.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Mower Babe.....could you get them a little straighter next time? Looks great. Did you use a chalkline?

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Looks pretty good. Are you using a three wheeler, or is your deck just streaking? Some rows, it looks like it's in the center, but the ones over to out right look like they are right in the zone that would streak (1/3 of the way across the deck).

·
Banned
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
runner, using eXmarks - no 3 wheeled contraptions here!! puhhhllleeeaaazzzeee!:blob4: :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Looks good M_B. I would post some pics of my stripes as well, but first I have to get this crazy deal with my pics figured out. Even though they are jpg images, my computer tries to save them as bitmap images. :dizzy: I have taken a fresh batch of pics and I will try to post later on this week.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
m_b--looks nice. really!

but next time could you turn those stripes at about a thirty degree angle to the road and mow it in both directions?

it will come out a dazzling diamond shaped pattern and the stripes at road level will get you both coming and going down the road!:D

GEO

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
That thing with the streaks, or 3rd wheel mower appearance, my eXmark does that occasionally using either regular lift blades or gators or doubles of the above. It seems only to happen on certain lawns and those i just have to mow alittle slower. Others I can mow at full speed and that does not happen. I beleive it happens when you are mowing alittle higher than the lawn is normally mowed, or should be mowed maybe as it seems only to do it when mowing at .5" higher than it's normally mowed. If I slow down to speed 5 instead of using 6, the problem usually goes away. I had thought it was just a slipping belt or blades that were too worn down, but now that I see it happens to someone else and have inspected my machine, I conclude that just certain grasses or weeds in certain conditions do that. Stripe on.... I too would like to see you mow that at a 30-35 degree angle in addition to what you've got. I prefer not to mow straight with a driveway or road or something large, just for the simple fact that all other LCO's here do and it looks boring. I like to mow at angles and my dual direction lawns have stripes going diagonally both ways, looks real nice. I usually just mow one way one time, then the other way the next and so on. Some lawns have a third direction in them, these look almost spectacular when done at the proper angles and at the proper height. Many professionally kept lawns here are not striped in more than 2 directions, only a few i've noticed are in 3 (when it's convenient usually LOL) and many do not stripe at all, so it is easy to grab some attention on a nice lawn.

The 52" TTHP with doubles, full width deck roller and Proslide will stripe like there's no tomorrow!!! Of course it does very well without doubles too, so I usually just run single lifts for less blowout and dust, etc.
I will try to remember to get some lawn pics today if I have time. It's usually a push to get it all done what with school in and all...

Pic looks good 'babe :)

·
Banned
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by John Gamba
Will you take my hand in marriage!
John
(Sure, how many houses do you have?;) )

·
Banned
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by geogunn
m_b--looks nice. really!

but next time could you turn those stripes at about a thirty degree angle to the road and mow it in both directions?

it will come out a dazzling diamond shaped pattern and the stripes at road level will get you both coming and going down the road!:D

GEO
On that account we change it 4 ways. So, yes, that effect is achieved. I personally like it only 2 ways, but this is how we do it and they seem happy.

·
Banned
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by GLAN
Very nice

1 question.........

Did it take you longer concentrating on getting the stripes straight, than you would have normaly?
Honestly, no. We have a few really nice accounts and some really not so nice accounts and we treat them all of the same. And some lawns just do not stripe as well. I was taking pictures that day for someone there and decided to take a picture on top of the hill to see how it looked.

I would still like to get striping rollers and baffle plates for next year.

That is mowed weekly at 2.5-3". (I know it would of course be better to mow it more often and at a higher setting--but $$$$$!!!)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.