Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Very nice stripes Mike.
I wish are lawns were that green right now.Everything here in the s.w. part of the state is burn't from the heat.It has been over a 100 the past 4 days and no rain for three week.Neat work Mike.I try to stripe all our lawns and I am the only one in the area who does stripe.But I agree quality first

·
Registered
20 Posts
I keep hearing about the quality of cut with Exmark. But every lawn I have seen striped with an Exmark clearly shows the wheel tracks -- which in my opinion greatly detracts from the stripes.

The quality of cut is very good, but maybe Exmark need to look at a different tire design.

My humble opinion :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Johnhenry, How do you mow without making stripes? I mow ang get stripes everytime. unless i use a blower to get them out they are there.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Originally posted by Mithrandir
I keep hearing about the quality of cut with Exmark. But every lawn I have seen striped with an Exmark clearly shows the wheel tracks -- which in my opinion greatly detracts from the stripes.

The quality of cut is very good, but maybe Exmark need to look at a different tire design.

My humble opinion :)
Not EVERY one- John dont do dat at all!:D

Plant Green Natural landscape Hedge Land lot

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by walker-talker
Just out of curiosity, was that mulched or discharged?

MATT
Discharged out the chute.....

Wheel marks.......they only shows the first time you cut in a new direction there was no stripe the first time, I have yet to find a mower that does not so I don't think it's the wheel design or the mower itself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to put Exmark on the spot. I use a Dixie myself and do not encounter the wheel marks. But every mower has it's pros and cons and believe me, Dixie has it's share of cons.

The Turf-Boss tires do not leave the marks though, which is a plus. Has anyone tried these tires on an Exmark?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to put Exmark on the spot. I use a Dixie myself and do not encounter the wheel marks. But every mower has it's pros and cons and believe me, Dixie has it's share of cons.

The Turf-Boss tires do not leave the marks though, which is a plus. Has anyone tried these tires on an Exmark?
Gandalf, I once had a Suburban Turb'n Dixie that had ATV tires. That thing could tear up some grass. The only thing I've seen on Exmarks or had on mine were the Turf Saver kind by Carlise. Are Turf Boss tires the ones with the big ridges going diagonally on the tire?

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I put the Lazer tires and rims on a DC, the turf bosses wont fit with the 8" rim.

I have seen lazers with other tires.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.