Lawn Care Forum banner

Striping Roller?

2K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  nobagger 
#1 ·
I am looking at big leauge lawns striping roller, and i was thinking about getting one, i bought a brand new lesco 48'' w/b, i have heard they stripe well on their own, but i want to get a roller to enhance the stripes more.
Is it worth it??

#3 ·
Well, I take it you bought the fixed deck Lesco?
The floaters come stock with rollers.

I can tell you how to make and mount your own simple and cheap if you would like.

#6 ·
Signature Landscaping1 said:
i got the fixed, it would be great if you could tell me how to make my own
Yes, can you take and post pictures on here of the area between the rear of the deck and the rear tires? Or maybe e-mail pictures or measurements?

This is relatively easy to do and costs about 10% of what the MFG's want for the same thing.

#12 ·
Signature Landscaping1 said:
I am looking at big leauge lawns striping roller, and i was thinking about getting one, i bought a brand new lesco 48'' w/b, i have heard they stripe well on their own, but i want to get a roller to enhance the stripes more.
Is it worth it??
No. Not on your mower

#14 ·
I bought a set this past season and I think they are well worth the investment. I actually picked up a couple of accounts because of the way my lawns look afterward. Also I looked at a Lesco Floating deck and I didn't see any type of kit on it. Did he mean the anti-scalp rollers:dizzy: :confused: If so all floating decks come with those.

#17 ·
Lazer_Z said:
Signature I don't want to hijack your thread but, I would like to ask Envy if the same building process would work on an exmark?

Thanks
Rob

P.S. Saw your new "toy" signature and I must it's very nice. Good luck with it.
Yes, it would be eXtremely easy to do on an eXmark.
Plenty of room for it and mounting points already exist.

Frankly, I feel it's also better than the EZ Stripper or whatever they are calling it now. Cheaper, more user friendly, more turf friendly, more trouble free and can stripe a bit better.

Don't get me wrong, the eXmark roller does a real good job on the Z HP.
It lays some nice stripes in most grasses as you can see if you look hard at my avatar.
But I prefer my home made rollers I've had on other machines.

#19 ·
nobagger said:
Also I looked at a Lesco Floating deck and I didn't see any type of kit on it. Did he mean the anti-scalp rollers:dizzy: :confused: If so all floating decks come with those.
Lesco has a unique kit of their own that comes stock on the machines with the Command Cut System decks. (ZTR's & Floaters) It's stealthy which is probably why you didn't see it. It's black like everything else and it's tucked between the rear tires. It's mounted to the rear of the deck like the others. It's just that they run a tighter wheelbase to make the machines more compact and less likely to scalp.

The above is as it is mounted on my 60" ZTR.

#22 ·
envy, I did not know that and the salesman never said anything about that, good to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.