• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Striping with Turf Tracer

JPLAWNSERVICE

LawnSite Member
Hey guys, I have a 52in. exmark turf tracer and I just installed a striping kit on it but it doesn't seem to be striping as bold as it should be. I have it set up just like the kit said to, 1/2in. off the ground, blade height is 3.25 off the ground and the blades are pretty much level with the ground with no pitch. Do I need to pitch the front of the deck down some? I know it is not the grass because my neighbor stripes his with a simplicity lawn tractor and his stay there until the next time he mows and they are a lot bolder looking than mine, he also cuts at half the height i do. My stripes are gone by the next day, is it the cutting height, deck pitch, what gives?

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by JPLAWNSERVICE
Hey guys, I have a 52in. exmark turf tracer and I just installed a striping kit on it but it doesn't seem to be striping as bold as it should be. I have it set up just like the kit said to, 1/2in. off the ground, blade height is 3.25 off the ground and the blades are pretty much level with the ground with no pitch. Do I need to pitch the front of the deck down some? I know it is not the grass because my neighbor stripes his with a simplicity lawn tractor and his stay there until the next time he mows and they are a lot bolder looking than mine, he also cuts at half the height i do. My stripes are gone by the next day, is it the cutting height, deck pitch, what gives?
Drop the nose and the roller and try that.
John