1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Stripper for wb mower by "inventtek"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wissmow, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Wissmow

Wissmow LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Anybody heard of this unit? It fits 19"-23" mowers. I found it surfing.(winter blues) It looks like it does a good job from pictures. Website is http://www.inventtek.com/

2. gman44

gman44 LawnSite Member

Ive seen similar products at Home Depot . I made one out of pvc pipe and metal strapping for 21.00 dollars . I filled it with sand and a few lead weights and it works like a charm . The one I made is over 44 inches long .

3. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

It works, but if you're pushing your small mower, it can be kind of a b**** with the extra weight. And it does need the extra weight. Self-propelled you should be all right. Also you might find it tough to walk a straight line--I did--and on long runs, that can really take away from the overall effect.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

What's a PUSH mower? :p

I can't mow in a straight line with a 21" mower to save my life! You would certianly have to run straight to use a striper with a 21 for sure! (same for any mower that stripes though)

5. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like the one Lowes sells for something like $40.00. I'm not sure how they work, but like everyone else has said, it's hard enough mowing in a straight line with a 21ish mower...with stripes, it'll make your "straight lines not-so-straight". Good luck though!