stripping kit

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by davidaters, May 22, 2008.

  1. davidaters

    davidaters LawnSite Member
    Messages: 5

    hey guys im new on here and i have a 42inch murray riding mower and a bolens 22inch cut push mower. when i mow my yard i, i want to get the stripped affect is there a homemade thing i can put on either of my lawn mowers or is there a kit i can by for them. i have heard of people using mud flaps. where does these kits mount too?
  2. fly-4-fun

    fly-4-fun LawnSite Member
    Messages: 0

    All you need is something to lay the grass down ever so slightly. Most of the commercial mowers have a kit that is a large roller that mounts to the back of the deck. John Deere has one that goes on their zero turns that is a large brush that mounts to the deck. You could make something to mount on the back of your Murray such as a heavy piece of rubber or like you said a mud flap cut to fit. Most anything will lay the grass down if you cut it at 3 1/2 to 4 inches. I've even heard of people using a lawn roller after they mow to lay down a stripe pattern. Hope this helps.

Share This Page