1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Struck with tons of bad luck...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Jul 4, 2004.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

First...a-hole customer of mine decides to make up some BS excuse not to pay me full price I quoted on a job after I finished it..I think I need to write this old fart a letter

Then...I underestimate a $700 job at $500

Last Sunday...I am mowing my own lawn, going up a hill on my Timecutter and then suddenly my engine starts to feel a little sluggish and then comes a big metal breaking sound and the engine seizes and starts smoking...great, a BLOWN ENGINE right in the middle of a season. Every maintenance interval is met, in fact Mobil1 10W-30 Synthetic oil was in it at the time. I take it to the shop and it will be another 1-2 weeks estimated time to replace the engine and have it back in service. OF COURSE I DON'T HAVE A BACK-UP MOWER AND haven't found one to use yet. The amazing thing is this only happened at 195 hours.
    I hope you hear this Switchless@aol.com!!! Now I finally have something with pure evidence I can complain about.

Oh...last but not least...my Scotts 21" decides not to start, but then barely kicks, then runs at a low RPM and stalls out.

--->All in the same season folks<---

Wish me good luck with all the repairs and/or replacements please

Oh, and does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix my Scotts 21"??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.