Stump grinding... ??

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by On a call, Sep 1, 2017.

1. On a call

On a call LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, I know this is not related to mowing...but guessing you mowers might know the answer.

What is a normal rate per inch to have a stump ground out ??

Thanks...

2. weeze

weeze Banned

i dunno i just know they charge way too much that's why most people never have it done. :laugh:

same goes for tree removal. it's just too expensive for most people.

3. MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

Around here I had 3 -10" stumps ground, cost $35 each. Would have taken me well over an hr each to dig and chop out. Not a bad price.
    PS that was three years ago. May have gone up some.

4. OP
    OP
    On a call

This one is 30"

5. ShowCaseLawnCare

ShowCaseLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I think most have a $50-75 dollar Minimum which is what they most likely would charge you.

K c m likes this.
  6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Is this across the top? Large root flares? Random roots nearby? If simple I would do it for $125 if it is complicated and you want me to go deep on it we're in the $250+ range. When I rent a grinder I try to have $1k in stumps for the day and the rental is $296. For me to show up is a minimum of $100.

On a call and hort101 like this.
  7. JagT20N

JagT20N LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from will county Il

it was $250 for 24-36" one here in Chicago thats 3-4" above to 3-4" below ground level , to rent was $300 a day from HD . and the bottle of muscle relaxers( prescription) pain releivers was $20 for the day after . ( wish I never sold the hot tub )

8. OP
    OP
    On a call

55 gallon drum, a wood fire and plenty of wood, a cement block on the bottom to sit on...and you are stew ;)

TrainingWheels and hort101 like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    On a call

At the root flares, simple, I ended up quoting $ 125 or $ 100 flush to the ground :)
    I bought a small grinder.

10. JagT20N

JagT20N LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from will county Il

actually se tthe drum over the stump set it on fire and simmer for several hours , but my neighbors will be fighting over it and I would have to clean out the bodies ( don't feel like firing up the back hoe ) .. too bad I do not have enough coyotes to feed them too them , but then again I do not want the coyotes catch the stupidity disease these people have ..

On a call likes this.