Lawn Care Forum banner

Stupid question, but what type of grease....

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  southside 
#1 ·
do you guys use for the cutter housings on your walk behind mowers? I have a Bunton 48 and the manual tells me to use Cheveron SRI-2 Bearing grease instead of the NLGI #2 lithium base EP grease. I can't find the Cheveron grease anywhere and was wondering if there was an equal replacement. Gotta keep up maintanance. If you don't take care of the machine, it won't take care of you. Thanks in advance for the replies.

#2 ·
I use regular lithium base grease on my lesco 48 including the spindle bearings. I service the bearings and bushings everyday and I've had no lubrication related failures since I've oyned the machine, about 5 years.

I'd say that the "bearing grease" you mention would be worth using if you can find it.

an option to you would be to get a "bulk load" grease gun and pack your own bearing grease in it. I'm sure it would work and be considerably cheaper than the tubes.

good luck,

GEO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.