1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

sub contracting

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, Jan 8, 2006.

1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i am going to do sub contracting this summer and was wondering how i would go about doing this. would i call companys and asking about doing sub contracting or what. right now i do sub work in the winter and wont to expand that into the summer. i will be doing landscaping, mowing, light excavating and anything else. anything would be helpfull.

josh

2. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I have done some of this in the past. If you great help it will work. I would'nt look for established companies because that confusses the customer when the truck pulls up with another name(trust me). I know it's no different than a house builder but they expect that from them. Make sure they have Insurance forms and you have a copy first. The ideal subs are good part timers because they can work into a time frame. I even have them run my signs. Once again if you find a established company make sure they have no signs of their own. Try to find guys who are breaking away from a company on their own.

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Are you wanting to sub your services? Either way, you might try the networking forum.