1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Sub Out,Or Get a Licence In Ontario.Can.???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Daner, Feb 19, 2007.

  1. Daner

    Daner LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,307

    Being a 1 man Gang here...with some help when I need It...Do you think I should get the pesticide license?
    Or should i continue to sub it out?
    straight fertilizer...do they want us to have a license for that as well?
  2. Vikings

    Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada
    Messages: 1,657

    I'm getting licensed here in Manitoba, should cost a couple hundred bucks books and tests.

    In Manitoba you don't need to be licensed though. Anything you can buy at Home Depot, anything a home owner can buy and apply to his own lawn, we can apply commercially.

    If you get licensed (this was explained to me by our government officials not just someones opinion btw) you can buy stuff in bulk. I'm getting certified so I can advertise that AND maybe get a clue to what I'm doing.
  3. Daner

    Daner LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,307

    That really surprises me...that you don't need a licence out where you are...But good that you are getting the ticket...for the knowledge as well.

    I'm still unclear If we need a license for just plain fert.Here In Ontario??

Share This Page