1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Subdivision Life

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ParkerLS, Jun 6, 2020.

1. ParkerLS

ParkerLS LawnSite Member

Howdy all. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the great info in here! Ran F725s years ago mowing commerical and cemeteries. Got back into it all last year with a sweet little setup in my own subdivision. Business getting good to the point I had to take on some help. Nice to work forafor myself and make up overtime I'm not making at my day job right now thanks to the downturn of everything.

Running a Ferris 700z with G5 blades. Stihl FS111R, FS56, BG50, and Toro Personal Pace aluminum deck. Pull it all in a Gorilla cart from Lowe's and tow it around the division. Feel like a 14 year old just starting out at 34. Haha. But it makes money....

MVIMG_20200602_162706.jpg

2. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Senior Member

Your towing a gorrilla cart?in your subdivision? Man that would be sweet

Crazy 4 grass and Cam15 like this.
  3. MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome Parker.
    Had to Google what a gorilla cart was.
    Nice to stay close to home.
    Hopefully you are charging real rates for your services. $60 or more per hr. Preferably $72 or or more per hr.
    What are your hourly rates averaging?

Crazy 4 grass and Cam15 like this.
  4. Crazy 4 grass

Crazy 4 grass LawnSite Platinum Member

I had to look up what a gorilla cart was as well. Lol that's awesome stuff. Does that takea two inch ball? How do you get the z up into it?:weightlifter:

5. OP
    OP
    ParkerLS

ParkerLS LawnSite Member

Morning all! The Z is my truck! The cart carries all the other goodies. Including tools and parts. And it's just a pin on hitch. I found a bolt on hitch kit on Amazon that mimics the ferris kit for alot cheaper and like I said, I drag it all around the division. Works pretty darn good!

And yes, averaging around $65 an hour. Alot of yards are open or luckily have gates big enough for the Z to get in. I only have one account left I push since someone only put in a 3 foot gate. Lol.

And sitting at 15 accounts and going to look at another this morning.....

MVIMG_20200419_163138.jpg

6. MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

That is awesome!!

Crazy 4 grass likes this.
  7. Crazy 4 grass

Good morning to you as well! I was kidding around in my first post. I agree, that's a pretty sweet and very unique system you have there. I like it!

ParkerLS likes this.
  8. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Senior Member

You got it made with that setup after work,glad you shared

hort101, Crazy 4 grass and ParkerLS like this.
  9. Crazy 4 grass

Windshield time is literally non existent! Talk about a tight route

hort101, No gloves and ParkerLS like this.
  10. starry night

starry night LawnSite Platinum Member

I use a steel mesh gorilla cart for all my tools, wire, light fixtures, etc. to pull by hand when I work larger properties. It saves a lot of walking back and forth to the truck and trailer.

Crazy 4 grass and hort101 like this.