• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

subs and hourly rate

Schlepie

LawnSite Member
I have 2 friends beginning their own landscape business. Both have quite a bit of experience. I'd like to start using them as part of my services, which I would like to add as a regular service. They are charging $15 per man hour (as of right now),and worth every dollar.
Would I bill my customer @$15 x 2.75 (avg.)=$41.25 per man hr. or should I just have them bid the job as a subcontractor thru me and bill customer with 10-30% contractor markup on their bid.
GOAL: To expand my business and services. I'd like to use these guys, they have experience and I trust them.

Thanks

Schlep

lawnman_scott

LawnSite Fanatic
for $15 per man hour i have about 150 lawns i could use them on, i would just pay them their rate, and bill the customer yourself.

Have them sub through you then add your markup on their rate. I mean you have time lining all the work up, and of course you have to do a final inspection of the work, since its your reputation, that also adds to your time. Anything you buy, if its a supply or service, you always need to add markup.