1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Branchland, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Pj. I just wanted to make a suggestion for the newer bac vac's. Mine is a 04 so I'm not sure if the newer ones are different. Anyway a couple of months ago I notice the screen hanging down from my bac-vac. Upon inspection I saw that the screen on the inside had broke around the bolts and washers. Granted it is 3 years old and used alot but I still didn't want to replace it. I put it back in place using different holes in the screen. this worked for a couple of weeks then it broke again. Well this time i used some scrape aluminum I had around the shop. It's at most 1/8 thick and 2 inches wide. I cut it to size and drilled holes to match the bolt holes in the bac vac. Being that it is wider and a solid piece instead of just washers holding the screen it has held great so far, I really don't see anyway for it to fall again. And being that it is aluminum I don't notice any weight difference. Just a idea I thought y'all might want to look into.

I also have a testimony about the deck. This happened about a year ago. This yard I mow was very tall. I'd say about 8 inches. This was only about my 3rd time mowing it. Well I'm zipping across the back yard then all of a sudden I stop dead in my tracks. The mower hit something. The sudden stop made me lean foreward on the controls which resulted in the rear tires digging in. I get the mower backed up to see what I hit and if the mowers ok. I had hit a cast iron sewer clean out, sticking about 6 inches out of the ground. I had forgot about. The pipe didn't break but it was leaning over really bad. I ended up getting a plumber out there to fix it. But my mower deck wasn't damaged at all. It hit somewhere in the middle front.

I love my Super Z. It's built Hustler Tough and in the USA :usflag:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will e-mail a link to this thread to our product manager and engineers.

Pj