1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for better cut above 3.25"

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by nfarr, Sep 15, 2006.

1. nfarr

nfarr LawnSite Member

I have a 20/52 Fastrak. I would like to be able to cut the grass a little higher. I am currently using the Hustler gator blades. When I set the deck above 3.25" I get a pretty uneven cut, especially if the grass is a little wet.

Someone mentioned running double gators might help. I tried it yesterday and it did help in the wet grass, but I still cant get a very good cut at 3.5" and above without double cutting.

Any suggestions?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would run the Fusion blades.
    I would also double check a few things, belt tension, engine RPM's and deck pitch.
    How old is this unit?

3. nfarr

nfarr LawnSite Member

It is a little over a year old with about 230 hours. If the manual gives the specs for the other items you mention. I will check it out otherwise I suppose I can take it to my dealer.

I will also get a set of fusion blades to try out.

Below 3.25 the cut is fabulous, looks like carpet.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The owners manual may have it, I am not sure what part # manual you have, we changed them about a year ago.
    If your manual does not have the information in it, e-mail me and I will e-mail the manual that does back to you.

Pj

5. moss2940

moss2940 LawnSite Member
    from texas

I have the same mower and would say nfarr"s sounds like mine when cutting at the height he mentioned.
    I would like to try different blades. I looked in the link for blades you have but am not sure what Fusion blade fits the 52/20 Fastrac? I would appreciate the correct part number for the Fusion's for the 52/20 Fastrac.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Fusion blade for the FasTrak 52" deck is part # 795526, this is the same as the Mini Z and Super Mini Z 52" decks.

Pj