1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for new (used) ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by advantage landscaping, Oct 6, 2007.

1. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

Next year I am looking to expand to around 15-20 accounts. I figure I will need to upgrade and add more equipment to go with my 36'' Scag WB.

What would you guys recommend to keep an eye out for? I don't need the top-of-the-line speed demon - I need a really nice quality and a great stripe. I want to spend 3,500 and under, if possible. Does that sound possible? What would all of you recommend?

Thanks in advance,:usflag:

2. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought my 52" Bobcat ZTR with 18 HP Briggs (gets the job done) for $3000 with 200 hours on it. That was a couple years ago, but yeah, I always see ZTRs on ebay with less than 500 hours go for 3500 or less. The Bobcat has a great stripe to.

3. advantage landscaping

anybody else?

4. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

well, $3500 sounds a little low. i know for sure that if you have around $4000-$5000 dollars, you can pick up a great machine used. id go with either scag, toro, or exmark. go demo. find the best dealer. heck, if your lucky you could pick a great demo model!!!

go to the dealers and demo demo demo. JMO

5. advantage landscaping

of course I could buy a demo machine, but I don't want to invest that much money. Thats why I said 3500 and under... Hell I could buy a new machine too but for me that doesn't make a great deal of sense.

Is it more worth-it to just buy a larger, say 61 or so inch hydro wb?

6. DillonsLawnCare

its probably about the same amount of money.

what ive learned, is that you get what you pay for!

7. advantage landscaping

really? I would think that the ZTR is much more expensive, JMO

8. DillonsLawnCare

well that big of a wb and because its hydro would put it up there right around the same range of the ztr. usually about 2000 less.