1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

suitable replacement or alternate

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by b99brian, Mar 31, 2004.

1. b99brian

b99brian LawnSite Member
    from md

hey fellas, I have been lurking quite a bit and love this site.
    I currently have 3.11 acress with a small orchard, specimen trees and also a decently inclined hill to contend with in my yard. the hill is 20 -25 degrees approx 65' long to a nice flat spot that is in a flood plane next to a small stream. Last summer was my first summer there cutting grass, i bought an '89 Cub 1811 hydro from the retiring owners for $2000 and it runs good with regular service etc. but the problem is that it takes 3 1/2 hours plus trim time to get the grass cut, I have been looking at ZTR's but cant decide, i test drove the encore 18hp(i think) air cooled and it seemed heavy duty, for approx $4500 that is alot of money, is there other alternatives or is a good used ztr the way top go, i would like to max my time at 2 hrs for this task and possibly expand some grass cutting services for neighbors.

2. clcare

clcare LawnSite Member

ztr will reduce your time alot but buy a good one liquid cooled and you will have it for a very long time