• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

suitable replacement or alternate

b99brian

LawnSite Member
hey fellas, I have been lurking quite a bit and love this site.
I currently have 3.11 acress with a small orchard, specimen trees and also a decently inclined hill to contend with in my yard. the hill is 20 -25 degrees approx 65' long to a nice flat spot that is in a flood plane next to a small stream. Last summer was my first summer there cutting grass, i bought an '89 Cub 1811 hydro from the retiring owners for $2000 and it runs good with regular service etc. but the problem is that it takes 3 1/2 hours plus trim time to get the grass cut, I have been looking at ZTR's but cant decide, i test drove the encore 18hp(i think) air cooled and it seemed heavy duty, for approx $4500 that is alot of money, is there other alternatives or is a good used ztr the way top go, i would like to max my time at 2 hrs for this task and possibly expand some grass cutting services for neighbors.